Welcome to this review of Dymatize Elite XT whey protein powder. Dymatize is one of the most respected muscle building supplements manufacturers in the world.
Dymatize offers a full range of sports supplements including whey protein powders Dymatize ISO-100, Elite Fusion 7, and the Elite offering. They also offer, though, energy and weight management specialty products, a multivitamin, protein bars, creatine, nitric oxide, recovery and amino acid products as well.
Their staple is their protein powders and for what they’re most known for. Currently, they offer 12 different protein powders.
Let’s now get into this whey protein supplement by Dymatize and their Dymatize Elite XT product.
Dymatize Elite XT Features & Benefits
One of the things that sets Dymatize apart from their competitors is that all their products are manufactured in cGMP-compliant facilities. The term “cGMP” is an acronym for “current Good Manufacturing Practices.” You will also see it as simple, “GMP” as well.
Pharmaceutical cGMP compliance – this is the highest standard possible, but Dymatize has NSF Certified for Sport registered GMP certification. That is highly desirable and an indicator of high product quality.
These GMP guidelines mean all their products must been strict quality-controls for raw product quality, manufacturing, and bottling. It ensures pure, contaminant-free ingredients and product as well as the non-inclusion of banned ingredients as well.
This Dymatize Elite XT protein powder is designed, the company says, “to be the ultimate muscle fuel and workout recovery formula.” Moreover, it’s designed to be an extended time release protein with anabolic effects, or muscle building synthesis. The protein that does this the best is micellar protein which is found in casein protein products.
Dymatize believes that the optimal way to do this is a fusion of “several different protein sources, including the addition of free form branch chain amino acids and milk-derived proteins.”
So, in essence, it’s designed to be a pre-, inter-, and post-workout supplement, but most especially a post-workout muscle building supplement.
Here’s its core nutrition as a bodybuilding protein:
- 21 grams of protein per serving
- 120 calories per serving with 17 from fat
- Full complement of vitamins, minerals, and BCAAs (branched chain amino acids)
The one constant compliment that Dymatize Elite XT receives, as well as the other Dymatize protein powders, is its taste. Chocolate is a popular flavor as is the blueberry muffin. This is a nice accomplishment as it’s a difficult taste to balance hardcore bodybuilder nutrition with taste, but Dymatize has done that.
Its flavor options are bluberry muffin, vanilla, banana nut, rich chocolate and fudge brownie. What are the size options? The Dymatize Elite XT comes in 2 and 4 pound options.
What’s The Price for Dymatize Elite XT?
The price varies at both ecommerce and brick-and-mortar retail shops. Based on my research, here are the prices you can expect to find.
- 2.2 lps (61 Servings) — $20.99 to $49.60, chocolate, banana nut, fudge brownie, vanilla, blueberry muffin
- 4 pound — $34.26 to $46.00, blueberry muffin, banana nut, fudge brownie,
Does It Have a Guarantee?
One of the reasons why I recommend people buy from Amazon is due to their guarantee. They are a $37 billion a year company and customer service seems very important to Amazon. You can read more about their guarantee here.
Consumer Reviews & Testimonials
This is a very popular and well received product. On Amazon, it has 187 as of this writing with an average of 4.0 out of 5.0 ; on another bodybuilding site of renown, it has 261 reviews with an average rating of 8.3 out of 10.00. For Amazon, anything 4.0 or higher is very good; for bodybuilding.com, anything 8.0 is good with 9.0 or higher being optimal.
Here are a few testimonials.
My All-time Favorite Whey?
By Lucy Cat VINE VOICE on April 3, 2012
Flavor Name: Fudge Brownie
Size Name: 4.5 Pound
– 30g of protein + 1/3 cup water stirred into a whey “batter” (To me this feels like I’m eating fudge brownie batter!)
– 30g of protein + 1 cup water stirred into a thick “shake” (The tried and true method)
– 30g of protein + 10g of Jell-O Pudding Sugar-Free, Fat Free + 2/3 cup water (Creates a whey protein pudding cup, refrigerate or freeze for 20-30 minutes to set.)No matter how you choose to add it into your diet, this is an excellent formula at an excellent price. I have been extremely pleased and already ordered extra and additional flavors to try out.Some “cons”: This powder is pretty messy and behaves like it has a “static charge” so you’ll want to be careful when you handle it to avoid spillage. Depending on how you prepare it, it may need a little extra nudge to full dissolve but the flavor is excellent even if it stays a little “chunky.” If you tend to get stomach aches from this or other proteins, increase the fluid content of your meals when consuming this (either before or after). That seemed to work well for me, especially if I used the protein as a meal of its own (before bed). Highly Recommended A+.
Where Can I Buy Dymatize Elite XT?
I recommend buying Dymatize Elite XT protein powder here, but you are free to choose. This is a good, solid bodybuilding protein supplement. Is it the best whey protein powder on the market? Dymatize is certainly a competitor as they produce excellent products. Its 2.2 lbs canister is a popular seller.
I do think, though, that this is not the best product they offer. That said, it’s still a very good whey protein supplement. Today, many protein products are so good, only one or two factors is sufficient to drop it from best whey protein supplement — that’s how competitive it has become.
I hope this review of Dymatize Elite XT has been helpful to you.