Welcome to this review of the Testogen testosterone supplement product. This product, according to its manufacturer, “is a natural testosterone booster that has the strongest, most effective blend of natural ingredients on the market to improve testosterone levels.”
Testosterone products are becoming more and more popular not only among bodybuilders, its natural market, but also among fitness enthusiasts and those seeking to enhance their libido or sexual pleasure. The company confirms this saying it “is designed for men to help everyone to get the required nutrition to improve testosterone levels, muscle tone, libido, banish tiredness and achieve their personal goals including muscle enhancement, fat loss and a general better lifestyle.”
In this review, I will discuss product quality, product feature and benefits, side effects, pricing, product guarantee, pros and cons and more. Let’s now get into this product.
Product Quality of Testogen
As so much supplement fraud has existed in the marketplace, and as quality is so vital to procuring results, I always like to begin the “meat and potatoes” portion of my review with a quick discussion on quality. Since the early 2010 time period, the U.S. FDA has required supplement companies to adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP). These standards are not enforced by the FDA, interestingly enough, with companies expected to self-regulate.
Thankfully most do so. Most of these companies receive yearly GMP audits through one of the following organization:
- NNFA (Nаtіоnаl Nutritional Food Aѕѕосіаtіоn)
- NPA (Natural Products Association)
- USP (United States Pharmacopoeia)
- NSF International (National Sanitation Foundation)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- TGA (Therapeutic Goods Association)
That brings me to this product. Currently, their manufacturer doesn’t have GMP compliance to the best of my knowledge. Testogen is made in the United Kingdom, which is bound under their own laws and standards, such as the standards of the British Pharmacopeia.
Does that mean this is an inferior product? No, not necessarily. There are many companies that produce products made in GMP-compliant facilities and they are not inferior products. At the end of the day, it’s the results produced that determine the efficacy of a product.
While quality of product is certainly important, so is scientific authentication and certification. The makers of Testogen assert that it is backed by rigorous scientific research such as the following studies:
Steels E, Rао A, Vіtеttа L. Phуѕіоlоgісаl Aspects оf Mаlе Lіbіdо Enhanced by Stаndаrdіzеd Trіgоnеllа fоеnum-grаесum Extrасt аnd Mіnеrаl Fоrmulаtіоn. Phуtоthеr Rеѕ. (2011)
Tоро E, Sоrісеllі A, D’Aniello A, Ronsini S, аnd D’Aniello G. Thе role and molecular mесhаnіѕm of D-aspartic acid іn the rеlеаѕе and ѕуnthеѕіѕ оf LH and testosterone іn humаnѕ аnd rаtѕ. Reprod Biol Endосrіnоl. 2009; 7: 120.
Buссі, LR (2000) Sеlесtеd herbals and human еxеrсіѕе реrfоrmаnсе. American Jоurnаl оf Clіnісаl Nutrition. 72(supplement):624S-636S
Sіngh S, Nаіr V, and Guрtа Y K. Evаluаtіоn оf the aphrodisiac асtіvіtу оf Tribulus tеrrеѕtrіѕ Linn. in ѕеxuаllу ѕluggіѕh mаlе аlbіnо rаtѕ. J Phаrmасоl Pharmacother. 2012 Jаn-Mаr; 3(1): 43–47. dоі: 10.4103/0976-500X.92512.
Clearly, its manufacturers have put a lot of work and study into their product. So, while it may not be GMP-compliant at this time, it certainly is backed by respectable scientific research.
Product Features & Benefits of Testogen
So, what are the main product features and benefits of this testosterone supplement booster product? Its manufacturer says its core competencies or features are:
- Strengthens muscle mass and helps grow lean muscle tissue
- Stimulates the male libido (sex drive) and motivation
- Sharpens performance both physically and even mentally
- Reduces body fat around the waist, which tends to happen as a man’s metabolism slows down
- Reduces the bad LDL (low-density lipoproteins) cholesterol and lowers blood pressure
It is designed to be sold to men exclusively, of course. What about its ingredient profile? It has eight main ingredients, which are:
- D-Aspartic Acid. This is a vital amino acid that helps in the production of hormones including the important luteinizing hormone, which stimulates the production of testosterone itself. The presence of testosterone in the system thus enhances strength, muscle mass increase, loss of body fat, and increased libido.
- Fenugreek. This is a medicinal herb I’ve personally done some research on as well as the one next, ginseng. This herb enhances the male libido, or sex drive as testosterone is a key component of male arousal. Continuing, it helps to increase insulin release, which in helps facilitate the increase of lean muscle tissue. It also has potent antioxidant or anti-aging properties as well.
- Ginseng Extract. I’ve been taking ginseng since I was 18 years old. It is a superfood and is very expensive. In Asia, I personally saw it grown in the Korean foothills. Not surprisingly, it is a staple to many Asians for their health. It is well respected there and now in the U.S. too happily. This “food,” or naturally occurring supplement, is an aphrodisiac, antioxidant, and those are just a few of its many therapeutic and health-giving virtues. It helps to strengthen mental awareness and function and may be the most potent ingredient in this product.
- Tribulus Terrestris. This ingredient also goes by the name, “Devil’s Claw” as it is a medicinal herb that grows in dry, hot, acrid regions of the planet. This herb has been used in Chinese medicine for centuries. Perhaps most notably, besides its testosterone-boosting virtues, is that it has steroidal saponin, which is a plant-based, naturally occurring steriod that helps boost anti-cancer activity as well as testosterone-boosting qualities.
- Selenium. A trace mineral, it is involved in many process in the body, one of which is its potent antioxidant or anti-aging capabilities.
- Vitamin B. An important energy-giving or energy catalyst as it helps convert carbohydrates into energy. Testogen hs three types of B vitamins, specifically vitamin B2, B5 and B6.
- Vitamin D. A core vitamin, its presence in this formula helps to slow down the rate of testosterone converting into estrogen, the female hormone. This makes its presence highly desirable for this quality alone.
- Zinc Gluconate. A proven aphrodisiac, a vital mineral to good testosterone levels and for maintaining the health of male sperm. Its presence in this formula indicates it serves as a catalyst to testosterone production in the male anatomy.
Side Effects of Testogen
This product is safe to use for supplementary purposes. There are currently no side effects reported. The ingredient profile is basically food, albeit some very potent food for that is what some of the ingredients are.
While I can’t speak for all testosterone boosters, this product can be classified as a natural testosterone boosters as it’s mainly derived from herbs and minerals. Chinese medicine and American herbal medicine practitioners have known about its core ingredients like ginseng for hundreds and hundreds of years, centuries even.
Here is how the pricing breaks down for this test booster:
- One bottle, which is essentially a one month’s supply, is $54.95 United States Dollar (USD)
- Buy two bottles and get one free: $119.95 USD, which is a savings of $44.90 or 27.2%
- Buy three and get two free (and an ebook) for $179.95, which is a savings of $94.80 or 34.50%
It should also be noted that the product is shipped for free (in discreet packaging), which is significant as the product is shipped from the U.K.
Yes, they have a guarantee. This product comes with an 60-day money back, satisfaction guarantee. It’s a good guarantee but it’s not perfect. They charge a processing fee of $20 per order so as to cover handling and administrative fees. Moreover, the manufacturers say you must use the product for a minimum of eight weeks as they say, “because the speed of results may vary between different people.” And, the guarantee doesn’t apply to re-orders only new orders. Lastly, the 60 days begin counting down on the purchase date.
Customer Reviews of Testogen
This is a new product. And as such it’s still getting its foothold in the marketplace. As time goes by, they will undoubtedly post them to their website and I will then post some of them here for your perusal.
- It has a goodly amount of scientific research to validate its claims
- The ingredient profile is compelling with a nice blend of medicinal herbs and nutritional catalysts
- it doesn’t contain any banned substances
- It has a 60-day money back guarantee
- It has an impressive nutritional & ingredient profile
- It’s gained quick acceptance in the marketplace
- Their website has a lot of information about their product such as FAQs, ingredient information, etc.
- They offer good, comprehensive customer via phone, instant messaging chats and contact form submission
- Their home website is in English but can also be translated in Italian, German and Swedish
- It is not produced in a GMP-compliant facility
- It’s a new product and hasn’t established its “legs” yet
- Its guarantee is for 60-days but it has a processing fee of $20 per order will be applied to for covering the handling and administrative fees
- There are no customer testimonials
- It has magnesium stearate in it — a filler (it’s a common ingredient in many supplements, unfortunately)
Where Can I Buy It?
You can buy it here or by clicking on the image to the left, but you are free to choose.
This product is intriguing. It has a lot going for it: synergistic ingredients that work together to boost a male’s testosterone (it is, after all, a testosterone booster), it purports to spike the male metabolism; it is backed by scientific research; it has some very potent medicinal herbs in it, and is reasonably priced — or at least priced competitively.
Its negatives, such as a lack of GMP compliance, concerns me but that is certainly not a death knell for it. The JYM Supplement Science supplements, for example, are not made in a GMP-compliant facility (although they should be) but are among the best selling bodybuilding supplements in the U.S. and Canada (I don’t know anything about their Australia or U.K. sales figures obviously).
So, what’s the verdict? I give this product a 4.00 out of 5.00 stars Is it the best test booster or among the best testosterone supplements? That is for you to decide, but it is a product that is worthy of your consideration.
I hope this review of the Testogen testosterone supplement product has been helpful to you.