Welcome to this review of the JYM Alpha JYM testosterone product. This is the sixth product now available from JYM Supplement Science. This product’s declared purpose is to help men build lean muscle mass, increase strength as well as to lose body fat. Testosterone is a key hormone that supports not only muscle development but it also supports male sexual health as well.
Testosterone is especially helpful to men who are age 40 and over as testosterone levels drop as one ages. JYM or Stoppani Supplement Science’s new offering is designed for bodybuilders by a bodybuilder-scientist. Is it a good product? What is its ingredient profile? What are its pros and cons? This review will cover all those elements and more.
Let’s now get into the product. (You can read about more bodybuilding supplement product reviews here within this site, if interested.)
Alpha JYM Features & Benefits
In an age where inferior supplements are passed off as superior than the competition, prospective customers are right to be concerned about supplement fraud. One of the ways to ensure you are getting products that are made with quality ingredients in clean facilities is GMP-compliance certification and/or FDA-registered manufacturing facilities. If products are made in such facilities with such certification, it ensures that you are getting pure raw nutrients. This certification covers everything from manufacturing procedures, bottling, employee training, raw ingredient purity, etc. GMP (good manufacturing practices) compliance also is an ongoing certification and not a one-time thing.
JYM or Stoppani Supplement Science does not have that certification yet. They could in time, but as the company is young and still “getting its legs” it could be on the to do list of its CEO Jim Stoppani. This product was made by the well regarded Jim Stoppani, PhD. He has a doctorate in exercise physiology with a minor in biochemistry from the University of Connecticut. He also was a post-doctorate fellow at the John B. Pierce Laboratory and Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology at Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut. Stoppani is the author of “Jim Stoppani’s Encyclopedia of Muscle & Strength” an excellent bodybuilding training book.
So, while JYM Supplement Science does not produce their products yet in a GMP-compliant facility, does that mean its products are inferior? No, not necessarily, but it’s not a positive. On the home website of JYM Supplement Science, it says, “From the most trusted man in fitness…comes the most trusted brand in the history of supplements.” That’s excellent copywriting, but it can’t be completely true until there is third-party certification of manufacturing processes and raw nutrient purity certification.
Let’s continue with the review. This product has been designed to enhance testosterone hormone levels in men. It is the most important anabolic hormone in the body for muscle development. Dr. Stoppani says he designed this product to help “increase lagging levels.” To that end, Dr. Stoppani carefully designed this formula with all ingredients selected per scientific data. Here is what Stoppani says:
Eасh оf thе ѕіx іngrеdіеntѕ wаѕ сhоѕеn bаѕеd оn rеаl ѕсіеntіfіс dаtа рublіѕhеd іn рееr-rеvіеwеd jоurnаlѕ аnd mу experience wіth clients in the gym. Together, these ѕіx іngrеdіеntѕ wоrk synergistically tо іnсrеаѕе уоur body’s natural lеvеlѕ of tеѕtоѕtеrоnе thrоugh fіvе dіffеrеnt рrосеѕѕеѕ.
Stoppani asserts that the testosterone boosters on the market are a “dirty little secret” to many in the bodybuilding community as virtually none of them work. They don’t work due to inferior ingredients and ingredients that are not synergistically chosen. As you can see from the included graphic, the Alpha JYM has a unique ingredient profile including the inclusion of medicinal herbs fenugreek, damiana, ashwagandha root and Eurycoma longifolia. (As someone who has a keen interest in medicinal or botanical medicine, this caught my eye.)
Stoppani provides significant scientific research to validate the inclusion of all of these ingredients. Let’s take these ingredients one at a time.
- Fenugreek seed — Many ѕtudіеѕ about fenugreek say that males who supplement with it have an іnсrеаѕе in libido, ѕеxuаl ѕаtіѕfасtіоn and a tangible іnсrеаѕе іn tеѕtоѕtеrоnе levels. Moreover, the high content of furostanolic saponins рhуtосhеmісаlѕ that spur the increase or release of lutеіnіzіng hоrmоnе from thе ріtuіtаrу gland, whісh іnfluеnсеѕ thе tеѕtісlеѕ tо іnсrеаѕе tеѕtоѕtеrоnе рrоduсtіоn. Other clinical research strongly suggests that fenugreek stimulates the testicles to produce more testosterone by increasing the activity of enzymes used in converting cholesterol into testosterone
- Damiana — This herb has been used for centuries as an aphrodisiac or libido enhancer. Research shows that it inhibits the conversion of testosterone into estrogen, the female hormone; it also has strong antioxidant capabilities
- Ashwagandha root — This herb has been show in rеѕеаrсh to bооѕt tеѕtosterone levels. A study in India showed that males who supplemented with аѕhwаgаndhа fоr thrее mоnthѕ еxреrіеnсеd a 15% іnсrеаѕе in thеіr tеѕtоѕtеrоnе levels аt thе еnd of thе study. Researchers аlѕо fоund thаt subjects wіth low tеѕtоѕtеrоnе lеvеlѕ increased thеіr testosterone lеvеlѕ bу оvеr 40% аftеr thrее mоnthѕ ofusage. More research shows that this herb simultaneously shows a decrease in cortisol
- Eurycoma longifolia — Stoppani says, “Several ѕtudіеѕ suggest thаt ѕuррlеmеntіng with Eurусоmа ѕіgnіfісаntlу rаіѕеѕ total аnd frее tеѕtоѕtеrоnе while ѕіmultаnеоuѕlу lоwеrіng cortisol. A higher testosterone tо соrtіѕоl ratio hаѕ lоng been соnѕіdеrеd a marker оf аn іnсrеаѕеd anabolic ѕtаtе. Rеѕеаrсh hаѕ ѕhоwn thаt mаlеѕ wіth dесlіnіng tеѕtоѕtеrоnе lеvеlѕ given 200 mg оf eurycoma еxtrасt for оnе mоnth hаd аn іnсrеаѕе іn blооd tеѕtоѕtеrоnе levels of almost 50%
While the Alpha JYM testosterone supplement product has an impressive ingredient profile, it should not be thought of as a silver bullet. It should be thought of as a highly complementary supplement that can provide the nutrients needed to help the body produce testosterone, which is absolutely critical for muscle growth. Moreover, testosterone supplement products should really be of interest to those males 40 and over, but especially to those 50 and over as testosterone hormone levels diminish with age.
Lastly for this section, this product is available in capsule form only.
This product is a new product that has just been introduced into the marketplace. As of this writing (Aug. 2014), no side effects are reported, of course. However, it is always wise to consult with a doctor before starting any new supplement regime. Medicinal herbs, which make up the bulk of this product’s formula, can cause contraindications when used with medication. Generally speaking, these herbs are safe for human usage.
This testosterone product sells for $29.95, which gives you 180 capsules. The recommended serving size is three capsules so essentially this is a two-month supply.
Nowhere on the Stoppani Supplement Science (or JYM Supplement Science) website is there any mention of a product guarantee. This is not desirable. The JYM company is still young and very small. It is overseen by Jim Stoppani so in time I hope they will remedy this. At this time, it only sells at bodybuilding.com, which company/site has a great guarantee so that helps to mitigate the non-guarantee policy of Stoppani Supplement Science. If you return a product unopened, they will refund your money. If you are unhappy with a product, they will offer you a product replacement or the monetary equivalent you spent.
Customer Reviews of Alpha JYM
This product was just launched as of this writing in late August 2014 with this review updated September 18, 2019. Literally no customer testimonials exist yet, but that will probably change quite quickly as the JYM supplement product line is very well received in the bodybuilding supplement market space. As customer reviews become available, I will add those testimonials to this page and after protracted usage by myself.
- This formula was designed by a PhD scientist who has two decades of experience in formulating muscle building supplements
- It is very affordable. One bottle will last a bare minimum of two months if you take the recommended dose of three capsules per day
- It has four medicinal herbs in its ingredients that are backed by peer-reviewed research
- The JYM Supplement Science products sell very well in the marketplace and are among the most popular sports nutrition supplements on the market
- JYM Supplement Science does not have their products made in a GMP-compliant facility, nor are they FDA-registered
- The company has no mention of a guarantee on their website as of this writing
- It has magnesium stearate and silica (sand) as fillers
Where Can I Buy Alpha JYM?
As of today, October 6th, 2019, you can buy it here at bodybuilding.com, but you are free to choose. So, what’s the verdict? This is obviously a new product. Its ingredient profile is impressive. It is also praiseworthy that a PhD scientist who understands exercise physiology and biochemistry designed this product. That is certainly not common in the supplement industry. If the JYM products had been certified as GMP-compliant, or is their facility was FDA-registered, I’d give it higher. I’m also troubled by the lack of a product guarantee (that needs to be rectified). On pure capability and reputation, and as I really respect JYM Supplement Science for their effort to push the envelope in the bodybuilding supplement world, for the moment, I rank this product with a 4.5 out of 5.00. As more data becomes available, I will update it.
I hope this review of the JYM Alpha JYM testosterone supplement product has been helpful to you.