Welcome to this review of the DrNatura Colonix Advanced Internal Cleansing herbal product. In my ongoing reviews of colon cleansing and health & fitness products, continue to review popular products in all areas including weight loss, bodybuilding supplements, and of course, colon cleanse products, too.
It used to be that using a herbal colon cleanse product would get you snickers and furtive frowns thrown your way. Not anymore. More and more people are turning to products like the DrNatura Colonix product and for good reason — intestinal health is foundational to good health.
You need a good colon cleanse and this product says it can help you get the most out of it. Does it actually work and is it a good product? Answering those questions is what this review is all about.
I always start my reviews discussing product quality. I do this as fraud has been utterly endemic in America. The inclusion of banned substances, outright lying about ingredients in a formula and the usage of substandard fillers and other binders are just a few of the sins the supplement industry has been guilty of. Probably the worst element is that most of the products touted in the past flat out don’t work.
In 2009, the U.S. FDA, codified the “current good manufacturing practices” or GMP level of product and facility quality. The laughable thing is that while they made it into law, they don’t enforce it — companies are left to themselves to do it. Fortunately, companies like Xtend-Life, Douglas Labs and NOW Foods voluntarily subscribe to it and more every year (the GMP audit is a yearly audit and not a “one-time” thing. Currently, there are six organizations that provide GMP audits. They are:
- NNFA (Nаtіоnаl Nutritional Food Aѕѕосіаtіоn)
- NPA (Natural Products Association)
- USP (United States Pharmacopeia)
- NSF International (National Sanitation Foundation)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
All of DrNatura products are cGMP certified. Every box of the Colonix product is stamped with a cGMP seal and that is a good thing and highly desirable.
The company has been in business since 1998 and has, they say, sold over 2,000,000 products, which is very impressive, if true.
DrNatura Colonix Features & Benefits
Let’s now talk about the product in more depth. Let’s look at its ingredients and “core competencies” if you will.
Inside each box of Colonix is the following:
- Colonix® Intestinal Cleanser — this is a cleansing fiber product that resembles psyllium seed or husk powder
- Paranil® capsules — this detoxifies your liver
- KleriTea® — this is an herbal tea
This herbal colon cleansing “system” has more than 40 medicinal herbs in its formulation. The three modules or elements, i.e., the Colonix Intestinal Cleanser, the Paranil capsules and the KleriTea, all work in tandem to cleanse your intestinal tract and accumulated mucoid plaque buildup in your intestinal walls. As DrNatura says,
Each component does a specific job: Herbs in Paranil are used to cleanse the liver. The fiber powder is mixed with water or juice and acts like a sponge in the digestive tract, attaching to the build-up on the walls and crevices of the colon. Taken right before bed, the herbal tea stimulates the bowels so the body is ready to expel the spongy waste material the next day.
Let’s go into more depth on each of the three units of the program separately. The specific iningredients in each of the three components are not caloric intensive. For the Colonix powder, it is only 40 calories per serving, which is 12grams or one scoop. Also, it has only 9 grams of carbs as well. Let’s go over the ingredient list. Before I do, let me mention that this is a proprietary blend, of course.
Colonix Intestinal Cleanser Powder Ingredients:
- Psyllium husks — the core of the powder. This proven ingredient is magnificent for its “clumping” properties when in the intestinal tract. I’ve been using psyllium husks sometimes called psyllium seeds — it’s the same thing — for 30 years. While this is a different product review, you can get more info on psyllium husks here
- Flax seeds — a valuable addition that provides not only insoluble fiber but DHA as well
- Fennel seed — good insoluble fiber
- Papaya fruit — provides some vitamin C as well
- Grapefruit pectin — has excellent fibrous qualities
- Slippery elm bark — I love slippery elm. It is an AMAZING herb. (By clicking the preceding link, you can see my #1 ranked video on it in YouTube.) It is very gentle on the stomach and has excellent nutritive properties as well. It’s so gentle, soothing and healing that babies who can’t keep anything down can ingest it. Comes from the bark of the Slippery Elm tree
- Marshmallow root — another under appreciated medicinal herb. It is a diuretic and is good for the kidneys; helps expel toxins from kidneys as well; it’s very “soothing аnd hеаlіng tо the іnflаmеd respiratory, аlіmеntаrу, intestinal, and genitourinary аrеаѕ,” according to master herbalist Dr. John R. Christopher (now deceased)
- Guar gum
- Alfala leaf — teeming with vital nutrients
- Peppermint leaf
- Uva Ursi leaf
- Stevia Leaf extract
- Licorice root
- Aloe Vera gel
The filler ingredients are maltodextrin, banana flavor and silica. Silica is basically finely ground sand and is a filler or binding agent found in many supplements.
The ingredients for the KleriTea are:
- Senna leaf — a powerful laxative
- Buckthorn bark
- Fennel seed
- Chamomile flower
- Peppermint leaf
- Cinnamon bark
- Ginger — one of the earth’s superfoods
- Milk Thistle seed — a powerful herb; “It іѕ thought thаt thе аntіоxіdаnt аffесt оf thе ѕіlуmаrіn іѕ ten tіmеѕ mоrе роwеrful than that оf Vitamin E. Mісhаеl Cаѕtlеmаn іn his аrtісlе еntіtlеd ‘Milk Thistle: Nature’s Lіvеr Prоtесtоr’ wrіtеѕ, ‘Thе bеѕt knоwn аntіоxіdаntѕ аrе Vitamin A (bеtа-саrоtеnе), Vіtаmіn C, Vіtаmіn E, and thе mіnеrаl selenium. Hоwеvеr, іn thе lіvеr, ѕіlуmаrіn [mіlk thistle extract] is mоrе thаn 10 times аѕ роtеnt an аntіоxіdаnt аѕ Vitamin E.’ It іѕ аlѕо thоught thаt silymarin inhibits thе action of the еnzуmе lаrgеlу rеѕроnѕіblе for саuѕіng іnflаmmаtіоn in hераtіtіѕ. Milk thistle mау аlѕо have роѕіtіvе еffесtѕ оn thе blооd аnd іmmunе ѕуѕtеm duе tо it’s action оf decreasing bаѕорhіlіс histamine release, аnd increasing of T-lуmрhосуtеѕ аѕ wеll as rеduсіng іmmunоglоbulіnѕ. It іѕ аlѕо thоught thаt ѕіlуmаrіn may dесrеаѕе сhоlеѕtеrоl аnd HDL levels” (Retrieved from http://www.herballegacy.com/McCorrie_Chemical.html). You can see what it looks like with this attached graphic image.
- Rose Hip Fruit — this ingredient has a lot of vitamin C in it
- Uva Ursi leaf
- Passion fruit
- Citrus flavor
KleriTea has no calories. Finally, let’s go over the ingredients for the Paranil vegetarian capsule product in Colonix. Its ingredients are:
- Milk thistle seed extract
- Black walnut hulks — this is one of the key components in the entire program. This herb is a natural vermicide, meaning it will expel parasites that may be in the intestinal tract. It is powerful for this alone. Its inclusion is understandable as many carry parasites in their intestinal wall
- Grapefruit seed
- Pau d’arco bark — another excellent laxative herb
- Pumpkin seed
- Myrrh gum — A powerful tonic, antiseptic, disinfectant and purgative. Augments the proper eliminative functions of the mucous membranes especially in the bronchi and genito-urinary tract (School of Natural Healing, p. 454).
- Turmeric root — an herb with numerous therapeutic benefits
- Garlic bulk — garlic is another amazing herb that has not only culinary uses but in its natural use, is a powerful antibiotic
- Prickly ash bark — a powerful herb that is a stimulant, tonic, alterative, antiseptic and sialogogue herb among its many qualities. It is a stimulant that is slower in its power than cayenne pepper, but more long-lasting. It will remove obstructions to every part of the body, hence its inclusion
- Yellow dock root — Some of its medicinal uses are works with healing skin eruptions, liver congestion, biliousness, anemia, catarrh, and more
- Fenugreek seed
- Peppermint leaf
- False unicorn root — an unknown herb that has strong vermifuge, diuretic properties. In other words, it helps to remove parasites from the body. Plus, to quote Dr. John R. Christopher, “It can be used to correct almost any problem in the regenerative organs of both male and female; yet it is also an excellent general tonic” (Dr. John R Christopher, School of Natural Healing, p. 465, 466)
This formula is a powerhouse for cleansing the colon. I’ve studied many of the herbs and foods on this list and can vouch for their efficacy. The fillers in this product are cellulose, magnesium stearate and silica. The last two give me pause, though. They are commonly used binders in various supplement products like vitamin tablets, protein powders, nitric oxide supplements and more and it’s unfortunate they’re included. That said, their effect should be nominal.
DrNatura Colonix Side Effects
The product’s ingredients are basically food as all medicinal herbs are that — food. However, this product is potent so be prepared for that. It works. It doesn’t cause side effects like nausea or stomach bloating or stomach/intestinal pain. It’s fairly gentle with its usage from what I can tell, having used it myself.
(That’s one of the reasons why I wanted to write this review as it’s very effective.) This product is safe to use. Nevertheless, children and pregnant women should not use this product without talking to a doctor first. (In fact, children 16 and under should not use it.)
You should be aware that if you use the program as described, you will almost always need to defecate first thing in the morning upon waking. (I’ve used this product just as I have the Blessed Herbs product so I can tell you what to expect.)
The price of Colonix direct from the company is $88.00. However, if you buy it from Amazon, you can get it as low as $57.99 as of this writing. By buying from Amazon, you can save $30.01.
DrNatura offers a 60-day money-back guarantee on their products, Colonix included. As alluded, I like Amazon as they not only have the best prices but they have a great guarantee.
They also have won nine year running the ForeSee Experience Index: US Retail Edition award for best customer service. I think that buying thus directly from Amazon is best as you will save money.
DrNatura Colonix Customer Reviews
This product has a gargantuan number of customer reviews and testimonials on their website. There’s no way I could include them all here. On Amazon, it ranks a 4.00 out of 5.00 or so. Anything 4.0 or above is excellent. Currently, on Amazon there are about 170 reviews all told with this product. But here are a few taken from various customers.
“I аm muѕсulаr аnd fіt оn thе outside, but I hаd an іnnеr voice tеll mе thаt I needed tо bе ‘fit’ on thе іnѕіdе аѕ wеll! I аm a 34-уеаr-оld wіfе, mоthеr of two, and a Fіtnеѕѕ Inѕtruсtоr. I dесіdеd tо trу Cоlоnіx because ‘instinctively’ I knеw I nееdеd tо cleanse. I аm muscular аnd fіt оn thе outside, but I hаd аn іnnеr vоісе tell me that I needed tо be ‘fіt’ оn thе inside as wеll!
I hаvе bееn a сhееrlеаdеr (HS, College, NFL) most оf mу lіfе аnd as оf thе lаѕt 10 уеаrѕ I hаvе еаtеn рrеttу hеаlthу. However, there wаѕ a period of time, especially іn соllеgе whеrе I wаѕ not еаtіng hеаlthу (fast fооd, junk, sodas, еtс.) аnd when I was сhееrіng іn the NFL the ‘high рrоtеіn, lоw саrb dіеt’ wаѕ whаt I dіd tо ѕtау lеаn – I аtе a lоt of mеаt! Althоugh I never hаd a рrоblеm gоіng tо thе bаthrооm, I nоtісеd thаt lаtеlу I hаvе bесоmе vеrу ‘gаѕѕу’ аnd ѕоmеtіmеѕ lасk mеntаl clarity… Althоugh thіѕ is unusual for mе, I thought thаt some оf thіѕ was juѕt аgе аnd natural wеаr аnd tear frоm уеаrѕ оf аthlеtіс асtіvіtу…
…Agаіn I аm оnlу on day 21 but I аlrеаdу dо nоt hаvе as much gаѕ… my fіtnеѕѕ сlаѕѕ has tоld mе that my ѕtоmасh is flatter (I don’t knоw if that іѕ Cоlоnіx or роѕt pregnancy – my youngest is оnlу 10 months оld аnd I rесеntlу stopped nursing – еіthеr wау I’ll tаkе іt!)
Thank уоu DrNatura for уоur рrоduсt! Thаnk уоu fоr уоur соmmіtmеnt tо health аnd wеllnеѕѕ! Alѕо, your сuѕtоmеr service іѕ outstanding! I love thе fact that a lіvе реrѕоn асtuаllу рісkѕ uр thе рhоnе (nо automated rесоrdіngѕ) аnd іѕ еxtrеmеlу friendly and vеrу knоwlеdgеаblе аbоut thе product. Many thаnkѕ!”
“I wіll nеvеr trу anything еlѕе…I аm a busy professional whо dоеѕn’t аlwауѕ fіnd thе tіmе tо eat аnd еxеrсіѕе the wау I would lіkе. I hаvе taken ѕuррlеmеntѕ оf bоth vіtаmіnѕ and fіbеr fоr years. Ovеr the уеаrѕ I have found that thеѕе store-brand, оff-thе-ѕhеlf іtеmѕ wеrеn’t rеаllу wоrkіng, I was not seeing оr fееlіng any dіffеrеnt. By ассіdеnt I ran асrоѕѕ the DrNatura web ѕіtе аnd ѕtаrtеd rеаdіng аbоut thе problems rеlаtеd to build up іn the соlоn. It made ѕеnѕе thаt thіѕ was thе rеаѕоn nоnе оf thе supplements I wаѕ taking were dоіng аnу gооd.”
I tried thе Colonix расk fоllоwіng thе directions vеrу carefully and the dіffеrеnсе wаѕ trеmеndоuѕ. The best part wаѕ I felt сlеаn аnd hаd еnеrgу I hаdn’t fеlt in уеаrѕ. Aftеr the оrіgіnаl Colonix pack I fіgurеd thе off-the-shelf fiber wоuld be gооd enough to kеер the рrосеѕѕ gоіng. I wаѕ wrong. Colonix is ѕuсh a mоrе соmрlеtе ѕuррlеmеnt thаt I wеnt bасk tо іt аnd wаѕ feeling grеаt оnсе аgаіn. I will nеvеr trу аnуthіng еlѕе and can ѕау without a doubt thаt DrNаturа’ѕ products are thе bеѕt.”
“I hаvе rесоmmеndеd іt tо mу frіеndѕ. Mу hеrbаlіѕt rесоmmеndеd I gеt mоrе fіbеr in mу diet аnd ѕаіd a соlоn сlеаnѕе mіght аlѕо help. … I wаѕ also under thе misconception thаt fіbеr аnd соlоn сlеаnѕіng wеrе оnlу fоr constipation and ‘older’ реорlе. I аm glаd I wаѕ wrоng but I wish I hаd found оut sooner. I lооk forward tо uѕіng уоur system аgаіn аnd I hаvе rесоmmеndеd іt to mу frіеndѕ.”
“Bеіng bасk tо hаvіng a nоrmаl dіgеѕtіvе system mаkеѕ such a dіffеrеnсе.Aftеr hаvіng searched thе mаrkеt, аnd tried mоѕt оf whаt’ѕ оut thеrе оf fіbеr рrоduсtѕ and сlеаnѕіng рrоduсtѕ, I decided tо give thе Colonix сlеаnѕіng program a try. Oh bоу, wаѕ I ѕurрrіѕеd. It hеlреd mу digestion immensely (nо mоrе blоаtіng)… Let me tеll уоu: I hаvе a new lіfе!!!! It’ѕ wonderful. Bеіng bасk to having a nоrmаl dіgеѕtіvе system mаkеѕ ѕuсh a dіffеrеnсе… I’m rеаllу grateful for hаvіng fоund thеѕе рrоduсtѕ. They have helped me trеmеndоuѕlу, аnd I wіll соntіnuе uѕіng them for thе rest of mу lіfе.”
- It works
- All DrNatura products, including Colonix, are made in a cGMP-certified facility with rigorous quality control standards
- It’s gentle on the stomach
- It seems to be a very well thought program
- The program uses excellent medicinal herbs and psyllium fiber for optimal cleansing
- It uses both insoluble and soluble fiber
- You don’t have to do a juice fast for optimal results the way you are recommended to do with another competitor’s product
- Some feel the price is too high
- Some think it has too many pills and too many components to the program
- The Paranil component has magnesium stearate and silica. Magnesium stearate is a binder; silica is finely ground sand basically
Where Can I Buy It?
You can buy it here, but you are free to choose. So, what’s the verdict? I give this product a 5.00 out of 5.00. Yes, it’s that good. I have personally used this product and it works as advertised. It’s not hard to incorporate into your daily life, either. With some other herbal colon cleanse products it is. Whatever you decide, this product is worthy of your serious consideration for purchase. I hope this review of the DrNatura Colonix herbal colon cleanse product has been helpful to you.